Focus of Research Consortium
- Pre-competitive technology
- Smart components and sub-systems
- New smart material-based actuators and sensors
- New devices for vehicle development work
- Superior dynamic response + quiet & smooth operations
- Improved performance
- Enhanced safety
- Higher efficiency, etc.
The use of active material based composites, magnetostrictive materials, ferromagnetic shape memory alloys, new elastomeric elements, and magneto-rheological (MR) fluid based devices will be the key to achieving force and motion control performance goals including superior dynamic behavior.
In order to achieve its objectives, the Center cooperates with its industrial partners to conduct R&D and education as outlined in the matrix below: